Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Whiner alert

I don't know how some people do it. People that have really sick children, or children with special needs, or just have a lot of kids. Isabelle only has an ear infection, and I am whining because I can't get her antibiotics into her, she just refuses to take it. I tried hiding it in pudding, that worked a few times but now she won't eat it...tried putting it in fruit, milk, even on her fishy crackers. I ended up having to hold he down and basically put it down her throat. She still managed to spit some out! Sometimes I feel like an awful Mother. To all the women out there that are Mothers, you are awesome. You certainly amaze me. I know so many of you that do SO much everyday, you are Super Women.
I am so lucky that Isabelle is healthy and happy and smart and strong, even still...some days are hard. I feel like such a loser for complaining when I do. I feel like I should just be able to suck it up, get off my ass, and do what needs to be done. Well sometimes I can't. Sometimes we just stay home in our jammies and snuggle and nap and play on the floor.
I just want her to get better. I am so not looking forward to the next dose of meds. I am glad though that she is still nursing because at least she is getting some fluids. Ah. My little hooligan. LOL So cranky and tough somedays, but SO worth every minute and tear.

2 comments:

  1. hey - when a kid doesn't want meds, it can be TOUGH!

    Sometimes, it takes both me AND DH to get it into one kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she'll be just fine and you are an awesome Mom! Don't worry about whining, we all do it! I'm here whenever you need me!

    ReplyDelete